Fun, Family, Friends, Fast
May 2 to Aug 29 at Hardwood Ski and Bike
UPDATE – April 18, 2018
Due to late winter weather and snow on the trails, the Wednesday Night Races have been delayed by one week. Come out May 2nd for the Registration Night and have a chance to win prizes from The Crank & Sprocket.
Races will run May 9 to Aug 29.
Ontario’s longest running and most popular weekly series!
Whether a returning or new rider, and experienced or new racer, we welcome you the Hardwood Wednesday Night Races and Series. You can enter just one race, do a few, or the whole series. We welcome all ages and abilities, and are dedicated to provide the most fun and family oriented experience!
The Wednesday Night Races will open with a Preview and Registration Night on May 2nd. Come get through all the paper work and pick up your number plate, in a more leisurely fashion, and then go for a spin on your favorite (or soon to be favorite), course.
After that, Wednesday nights beginning May 9th through to Aug 29th, we host a 17 week series of mass start, mountain bike races that start at 7 pm.
This is the longest running event which draws the greatest number of riders, from young children wanting their first racing experience to some of the best in Canada. Each week you choose your race course which can vary from the shorter and easier 6 km Fun Course (or 2 km SprocKids Trail), to the highly technical 15 km Radical course with lots of climbing. Race once, a few times, or for the whole series – your choice.
Over $5,000 in Prizes Awarded over the course of the Series – Great Weekly Prizes and Series Prizes!
Online Series Entry – CLICK HERE
or enter at Hardwood up to 6:30 pm for Series or Single Night Races – click here for a PDF paper form
You can choose the course for yourself each night.
• Sprockids Trail – 2.5 km (mostly for kids)
• Fun Trail – 6 km
• Crank’d Trail – 8 km
• Serious Trail – 10.5 km
• Gnarly Trail – 12 km
• Radical Trail – 15 km
Each night the fastest male and female on each course will receive a prize. (An individual can only win a prize once during the series on each course. The prize will go to the next rider eligible for that course).
There are a minimum of 2 Draw Prizes each night, as well as a draw for a Smith Optics and Fox Racing prize.
Each night we will also draw for a Hardwood T-shirt, which also qualifies the winner for the Grand Draw Prize at the end of the series.
Points are awarded each night and count toward point totals for your age category. Prizes are awarded at the end of the season based on the best 15 of 17 races. Riders must have finished 12 races to count toward overall prizes. See points structure below.*
TREK Wednesday Night Fees:
• $15.49/night plus tax – ages 13 yrs and over
• $10.18/night plus tax – ages 12 yrs and under
• $4.00 Racing Plate Fee – required first night, keep plate for the season
• Nightly Fees include Trail Pass after 4:00 pm
TREK Wednesday Night Series Fees:
• $210.00 plus tax for Series – ages 13 yrs and over
• $135.00 plus tax for Series – ages 12 yrs and under
• Series Fees include entry to all 18 races, a FREE Wed Night T-shirt and BBQ ticket for the Finale Night.
• 10% Family Discount for three or more series registration from same family.
All riders participating in any Citizen Series or Event, must have a minimum of a OCA Citizen Permit. These permits are to be purchased directly from the Ontario Cycling Association. The permit is applicable at any series or event for the entire 2018 season.
See www.ontariocycling.org for details, and get your Permit On-line in advance.
This insurance has huge benefits that protects YOU, as a racer! See details of coverage here http://cyclinginsurance.ca
All riders under 18 yrs. MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign waiver forms on-site the first time racing!
Thanks to our 2018 Supporting Nightly Sponsors:
• Crank & Sprocket – Orillia, May 2, June 20 and Aug 29
• Bikeland – Barrie, May 9 and July 11
• Velocity – Orillia, May 16 and July 18
• Trek Store – Barrie, May 23, June 13 and July 25
• Total Sports – Midland, May 30 and Aug 1
• Kamikaze – Collingwood, June 27 and Aug 22
• Giant Barrie – Barrie, June 6 and Aug 8
• Joyride 150, July 4 and Aug 15
Thanks to our Weekly Draw Sponsors:
• Smith Sport Optics
• Fox Racing
• Sprucewood Leasing
*Points System for Overall Series Prizes Course
• Sprockid’s Trail 2.5 km – 0 Bonus Points
• Fun Course 6 km – 5 Bonus Points
• Crank’d Course 6 km – 15 Bonus Points
• Serious Course 10.5 km – 23 Bonus Points
• Gnarly Course 12 km – 35 Bonus Points
• Radical Course 15 km – 43 Bonus Points
The winner of each of the courses each night gets 100 points for winning (except Sprockid’s Trail which is 75 points) plus the appropriate Bonus Points.
Each rider finishing the course then gets percentage points based on the winner’s time plus the appropriate Bonus Points.
For example, John Doe wins the Fun Course in a time 19:26. His points would be 100 points for winning plus 5 Bonus Points totalling 105 points. Jack Smith comes second on the Fun Course in a time of 20:00. His time is 96% of the winning time so he gets 96 points plus 5 Bonus Points totalling 101 points.
Each of these riders’ points total then gets applied to their specific age group on a weekly basis and the best 15 of 18 weeks will count. These points will then be totalled for the overall awards to be given out on the final night. A rider must complete a minimum of 12 races to be eligible for an Overall Series Award.