22 km or 44 km MTB Ride or Race
Fun MTB Poker Ride
Saturday May 27, 2017 – 9th Annual!
Imagine riding or racing on Ontario’s best fast flowy dedicated Mountain Bike trails in a whole new way!
The Hardwood SingleTrack Classic is a new and “secret” 22km loop using the famously popular trails in and around Hardwood Ski and Bike. The “secret” will be that we completely mix up all the trails, changing direction, order, features and anything else to make sure this is a unique riding and racing experience. For those very familiar with the trails, or those new to Hardwood, the 22 km loop promises to be something completely different as well as fast, flowy and super FUN.
The SingleTrack Classic is personal challenge to ride or race 22km (1 loop), or 44km (2 loops) of the new course. The Poker Ride is a non-competitive fun ride utilizing the easier trails for those not so keen on the longer distance.
Bring the Family! The SingleTrack Classic will be hosted in conjunction with the Hardwood BikeFest, offering lots of other Activities, JoyRide Play Area, Clinics, Gear Swap, Bike Demo’s, Beer Tent, Expo etc for all participants and friends and family.
Options for Categories and Courses:
1. 22 km – 1 loop
– Girls 18 & under, Women 19-39, Women 40+
– Boys 14 & under, Boys 15-18, Men 19-39, Men 40-49, Men 50-59, Men 60+
– FATBIKE Open*
Entry: $40 by May 12, $50 after May 12 (plus hst).
Pre-Entry closes at 5pm May 26. (Day-of entry $65 cash only).
2. 44 km – 2 loops
– Girls 15-18, Women 19-39, Women 40+
– Boys 15-18, Men 19-39, Men 40-49, Men 50-59, Men 60+
– FATBIKE Open*, SingleSpeed Open*, RetroRide Open*
Entry: $45 by May 12, $55 after May 12 (plus hst)
Pre-Entry closes at 5pm May 26. (Day-of entry $75 cash only).
3. Poker Ride (choose your distance 2.5, 5, or 8 km
– Open Boys/Men and Girls/Women
Entry: $20 by May 12, $25 after May 12 (plus hst).
Pre-Entry closes at 5pm May 26. (Day-of entry $30 cash only)
Friday May 26
5 pm – 22/44 km Pre-Registration closes
Saturday May 27
8:00 am – Package Pick-up
10:00 am – 44 km Start Time
10:15 am – 22 km Start Time
10:30 am – Poker Ride Start
12:00 pm – 44 km 2nd lap cut-off, (to start lap 2)
12:45 pm – 22 km Awards
1:00 pm – Poker Ride cut-off & Prizes for best hands
2:00 pm – 44 km Awards
Included in Registration:
• Awesome race course on some of Ontario’s best trails.
• Professional Timing crew for real time results
• Cool souvenir T-Shirt for first 300 44/22 km riders entered
• Souvenir Bike Plate for all riders
• Draw Prizes for all pre-registered riders
• Medals to top 3 in each category
• Awesome Poker Ride prizes for 3 best hands
• Prize for most Retro bike/rider that completed 44km
• Prize for Craziest Helmet for rider that complete 22km
Poker Ride will have an “official” send off at 10:30, but riders can start any time after 10:30 and ride at their own pace around the Poker Ride Courses.
Riders can choose their own level of course from 2.5km to 8 kms. This is a great fun ride for those not keen on racing and for the whole family!
There will be 4 Card Stations, at which each rider gets a small envelope with a card hidden inside (DO NOT OPEN !). Once back to the Finish area, you will get your final card and envelopes will be opened by Poker Ride officials to reveal your “hand”. Prizes for 3 best hands will be awarded at 1:00 pm. Best Hand wins $300 Trek Store GiftCard!
• FATBIKE Category is for Fatbikes with minimum 3.8″ tires front and back.
• SingleSpeed Category is for single chainring/cog bikes only.
• RetroRide Category is for a 1996 or earlier vintage mountain bike. Rider clothing should match as well. (must be 26″ wheel, no disc brake)
•There will be one feed station on course and one feed station at finish
•Each lap for 44 km riders will be timed for bragging rights.
Hardwood Ski and Bike
402 Old Barrie West, Oro Station
just 15 minutes North of Barrie, Ontario
Past Winners: Overall long distance
2016 – Dave Law, Kim Haagmans-Hawke
2015 – Adam Hill, Anouchka Lewis
2014 – Davis Ross, Lori Davis
2013 – Bret Waghorne, Lori Davis
2012 – Bret Waghorne, Lori Davis
2011 – Andrew Watson, Carlene Starck
2010 – Michael Dennis, Dibley Marcy
2009 – Andrew Maemura, Robin Kay
Pulse Racing Inc. www.pulseracing.ca
email: glenn at pulseracing.ca
1. Horseshoe Resort is the Official Accommodation Partner of the SingleTrack Classic. Rooms and Condos both available at special pricing. Bike and Pet friendly. Use booking code PULRACINC. Click Here for details.
2. See Ontario’s Lake Country or Barrie Tourism for full listing of Accommodation options, places to visit, things to do, etc.